Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

In the 80s i was granted a raise.The chairman suggested I

In the '80s i was granted a raise.The chairman suggested I put it into an annuity which I did with a (insurance)member of the Board. I now need the money and they have consistently refused to sign the form that indicates that I was employed there.What can I do??
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.
The botXXXXX XXXXXne is that this is your money and you have a right to recover it upon demand. If the company will not release the funds to you, you do need to find a local finance lawyer ( and have him/her write a demand letter to the employer. If that doesn't work, the attorney can file suit to compel production of the funds. Generally, attorneys fees can be sought and awarded if a person is forced to do this in order to recover what already belongs to him/her.