Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

how do I know If I own my mineral rights in Pa.

Expert:  Tina replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for contacting our JA team for guidance.

You deed should indicate that you own the property in "fee simple" if you own rights to the land and mineral rights. If it does not, then you would need to go to the register of deed's office and request a chain of title search to see when the rights were severed and who owns the mineral rights.

Please let me know if you need clarification.

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX

Tina G

Please press the green "accept" button so I may be credited and paid for my time when I have answered/clarified your question. Positive feedback and a bonus are always appreciated. Thank you very much.

NOTE: This open forum is for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. It is highly recommended that you seek representation by a local attorney for all legal matters. The state bar association can provide you with attorney referrals. Please remember that I cannot know what you know unless you tell me. There may be important factors that are relevant to your question that I am not aware of in your specific situation, but I will always do my best to be professional, courteous, and prompt.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I was told that just because the DEED says fee simple it does not mean I own the mineral rights
Expert:  Tina replied 6 years ago.
Fee simple means you own the entire bundle of rights. That is the very definition of fee simple.

Take care.