Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Im seeking to change current child custody rotation for the

Im seeking to change current child custody rotation for the sake of my kids. My ex and I initially agreed upon an alternating 2 week rotation alternating weekends. We have given this a year and I am not happy being away from my boys (ages 12 and 9) for such long periods of time. I have proposed to my ex that we have a more frequent custody rotation where we can each see our boys more frequently during the week. He is not privy to such a change. What are my chances or winning in court in the event I have to go this route for the sake of my boys?
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.
The court is required to do what is in the child's best interest - this is the main objective over all other concerns.

If you can show the court that this will improve their home life, relationship with each parent, etc. , you have a good chance. Also, because of the childrens' ages, the court will consider their position on the issue as well.

Your chances depend on how much proof / testimony you can provide on these issues.