How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31566
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im seeking to change current child custody rotation for the

Resolved Question:

Im seeking to change current child custody rotation for the sake of my kids. My ex and I initially agreed upon an alternating 2 week rotation alternating weekends. We have given this a year and I am not happy being away from my boys (ages 12 and 9) for such long periods of time. I have proposed to my ex that we have a more frequent custody rotation where we can each see our boys more frequently during the week. He is not privy to such a change. What are my chances or winning in court in the event I have to go this route for the sake of my boys?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
The court is required to do what is in the child's best interest - this is the main objective over all other concerns.

If you can show the court that this will improve their home life, relationship with each parent, etc. , you have a good chance. Also, because of the childrens' ages, the court will consider their position on the issue as well.

Your chances depend on how much proof / testimony you can provide on these issues.
Roger and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions