Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I am having some work related challenges. I am not sure what

I am having some work related challenges. I am not sure what the terminology is for what is happening, but I have been experiencing verbal assault but the people have been careful enough to make sure there are no witnesses so it is their word against mine. What makes it hard is I have a job where I am alone on my team and the people hurting me have a team of over 40. I have tried to bring this to the attention of my supervisor and even the human resources but I feel overpowered and unable to really make a case against what is happening. Other people in the organization have expressed similar challenges with this department but they are unwilling to come forward. I have documented the incidents over a period of time but these are not really being looked at. What shall I do?

You should file a complaint with the Minnesota Dept. of Labor and Industry (http://www.dli.mn.gov/main.asp). The dept. will investigate the matter and likely hold a formal hearing.

Also, you cannot be fired or reprimanded for being a whistle blower. If you were retaliated against for your actions, you would have legal grounds to sue.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
In the complaint, what details should I include and how should I format the complaint?

The Dept. of Labor and Industry should have forms for you to fill out. You should provide as much detail and supporting evidence as you can come up with.

Also, the staff investigators and attorneys will help you with your complaint.