Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Our attorney got sick and did not answer the letter from the

Our attorney got sick and did not answer the letter from the defendant's representatives dated March 2009. We just got the paperwork from our attorney and just found out. We need to find someone to pick up this case where he left off. It is a property damage/assault/various torts case against a reality TV show. Does anyone know of anyone who would be willing to take this case?
Expert:  Roger replied 4 years ago.
You first need to file a motion to substitute counsel so no deadlines run before you get a new lawyer.

You can find a personal injury attorney at www.martindale.com by location.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We have not filed anything in court yet. We simply have an answer to our demand letter which asks further questions. Why would we need to file a motion if nothing has been filed in court?
Expert:  Roger replied 4 years ago.
You don't have to file anything if no lawsuit has been instituted. Usually, when parties are writing back and foward to each other, they're in discovery, which is a process after a complaint has been filed.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We are having trouble finding an attorney to take the case. Perhaps it is too complex to understand. The botXXXXX XXXXXne is that this reality TV show, Bullrun, cause 50K property damage, held the plaintif hostage, the host of the show, a professional wrestler, assaulted him (which is on videotape and a police report made) and otherwise operated in bad faith. How can we find an attorney to take the case without sifting through Martindale.com?
Expert:  Roger replied 4 years ago.

The best course of action would be to ask your former attorney for a recommended replacement.

www.martindale.com is actually quite easy to use. You only need to pick personal injury from the lawyer type and then put in your location and all lawyers meeting your criteria show up.

If you don't want to do that, your only other option is to get out the phone book and begin looking for Personal Injury attorneys. It's going to take some time to get this done.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We did ask him and he told us to call the referral service. It doesn't seem like personal injury lawyers are very receptive to this kind of thing. Is there any kind of lawyer that represents whistleblowers? And if so, what category is that?
Expert:  Roger replied 4 years ago.

What you've described is a personal injury issue. Try searching for a litigation attorney. This will broaden the spectrum.

Roger, Attorney
Experience: BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters