Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I have some equipment that I own. The equipment is being held

I have some equipment that I own. The equipment is being held at a past employers (10 years ago). I have removed the most expensive pieces a few months ago. The owners now refuses me access to the remaining equipment. Other that Replevin, what options do I have to get the equipment?

You're going to have to get a court order to recover your things if the employer will not voluntarily allow you to get them. You could be charged with trespassing if you go there without permission.

Replevin is the proper action to recover your things. You could also sue for conversion of personal property, which is the act of taking ones property and keeping them from using it.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
In regards XXXXX XXXXX is there a difference between "taking" and "holding" of ones property. Is this something I can file myself?

When I went into the building to get my other equipment, I had keys to the building, no one told me not to enter the building and I did not break the peace in any way.

No. Either terms demonstrates that you are being deprived of your property.

Yes, you can file a replevin in small claims court for the county where the property is located. The clerk should have the forms and will help you fill out the paperwork.