Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Can I get compensation from an MLM based on negligence with

Can I get compensation from an MLM based on negligence with the person who signed on with the company - it has been a year and the person has not followed the policies and procedures of the company. I have no support and have been reluctant to bring in people under me.
Could you explain a little more?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I joined the organization november 2008. I received nothing in the way of support from my sponsor and the sponsor above him once I joined. I was unfamiliar with an MLM and did not fully understand the role of the sponsor. I contacted the corporate office numerous times for support. I was given answers to my questions and told to work with my sponsor. In one year, I have heard nothing from my sponsor. No meetings, no support, no training, no coaching. nothing. Finally, after emails, phone calls, letter to CEO and attendance at seminars and meetings, I met a member of the organization that has offered to help me transfer to her group. I sent a request for transfer to the organization. It was denied saying I had to work with my sponsor. I have tried to explain over and over that the sponsor is not following the policies and procedures laid out in the policies and procedures manual. the management is suggesting I drop out, wait 6months and rejoin. That smacks of a penalty to me when I have done nothing but ask for support. Why would I rejoin after dropping out? I have been reluctant to sign anyone under me as I have no support and cannot in good faith, offer support as I have not had the training, coaching, etc etc - I have lost the opportunity for income due to lack of support in my group. management is denying the opportunity to earn income by refusing the transfer. do I go thru the Federal trade commission? do I get a lawyer? What is my recourse - I have people ready to join my team - it is unfair to sign them on - they will go to another sponsor. that is loss of income to me. Is it possible to get an average income for the average member of the organization and calculate loss compensation over the past year plus.

Thank you for the clarification.

Let me attempt to address your concerns:

I have lost the opportunity for income due to lack of support in my group. management is denying the opportunity to earn income by refusing the transfer. do I go thru the Federal trade commission? do I get a lawyer? What is my recourse - I have people ready to join my team - it is unfair to sign them on - they will go to another sponsor. that is loss of income to me.

Response 1: You can report this organization to FTC because the company got you to enroll in the program under false promises. It has not resolved your problems with your sponsor and has compounded the problem by forcing you to work with a sponsor who does not apparently want to work with you. You can also get a consumer lawyer to sue this organization for fraud. Most of the consumer lawyers will take your case on a contingent fee basis. This means that they only get paid if they win and they would usually request that the other side pay their fees.

Is it possible to get an average income for the average member of the organization and calculate loss compensation over the past year plus.

Response 2: It depends whether the members would cooperate in giving you the figures. If they cooperate, then you can get their earnings and then average them to calculate your loss.

Click to find consumer lawyers:

http://www.naca.net/

http://www.justia.com/

http://www.lawyers.com/

Click here to file complaint with FTC:

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. I appreciate the information. You have made my day. Regards, S