Joseph
Joseph, Attorney
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in the legal field, currently specializing in criminal and family law
18539850

i would like to get some money back from disaster that lanscape

i would like to get some money back from disaster that lanscape desighner created. project lowered value of my house

I'm a licensed attorney and I believe I can provide assistance. Before beginning, please tell me more about what took place.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hi joseph. last summer i decieded to redo my backyard and make it dog friendly. i called a couple of lanscapers, one guy told me that will creat paradise, he put small gravels, also put new part of the fence and some bushes and shed house that i purchased. i paid him total of $17.000.00 and my backyard right now looks like a disaster zone. all gravel is moved and ground is sticking everywhere.fence is now ruined b/e gravel is pushing it. this project lowered value of my house.
Do you have a signed contract with him? Or at least some type of estimate that thoroughly details what he was supposed to do for you?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes i have written contract. he did everything that he supposed. the problem is how he did. everything is done wrong way

My suggestion would be to retain an attorney in the area that handles civil litigation.

The first action he would take is to write a "demand letter". A demand letter is pretty much what it sounds like, you demand certain action (whether correcting the "disaster" or refunding monies) within a certain period of time. You would be amazed at the number of people that will respond in a positive fashion to nothing more than a letter from an attorney.

If he fails to respond in a positive fashion, you should be prepared to file a lawsuit. I don't know that I would normally recommend filing a lawsuit over landscaping. But here, $17,000 is NOT a typical landscaping job. With that type of expense, a lawsuit is financially viable.

If you do file suit, you would certainly want pictures of the poor outcome of the landscaping. Additionally, it would certainly be helpful to have another landscaper in the area to testify that the job was sub-par. However, you need not worry about this unless you get to the point of filing suit.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the green ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck!