Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law

I have a Civil Action in Warren Circuit Court on 02/04/2010.

I have a Civil Action in Warren Circuit Court on 02/04/2010. This action is on an unpaid credit card debit. The inital action was in New Jersey on a Capital One Credit Card. They turned the action to a Collection Company in Louisville Kentucky. They filed the action in Warren Distict Court. The Collection Company stated they would settle for 85 % of the balance. What action to delay the court date to reach a better settlement? I do plan on appearing for the Court hearing
Thanks for your question.You would respond here in writing using the court case number XXXXX everything in their pettiton and demand strict proof.Sign it and file it.This avoids default judgment and allows you to appear here and contest all.You may be able to resolve at morning of hearing here with other lawyer.