Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses

This is in regards to employee rights - dont know if you want

This is in regards XXXXX XXXXX rights - don't know if you want the "reader's digest version" or the longer one...botXXXXX XXXXXne is that I am currently employed at an Animal Hospital in Clearwater Frlodia. I have been there over a year and a half and we have been through 10 employees. This is a small, one doctor practice - one receptionist which is me..and usually about 3 Techs. There is also the office manager and also our doctor which are father and son. They do not carry workers comp insurance nor have had ANYONE ever fill out an I9 form...nor an employee handbook. We are videotaped BOTH audio and visual without any written consent.. I have been asked to ask female employees to wear make up....asked to talk to an employee about going through employee files, steal from other peoples purses and also confront this person on calling an employee a "NIGG*!" - all on paper with this employees written signature. more to type..but out of characters. help please!
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 6 years ago.
You are narrating wide spread discrimination and hostile work environment. You should begin by reporting it to the state labor department and the eeoc. see That should get this under review. If you wish you could also retain local counsel to assist. see
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I want to report them so very badly to say the least but as you know jobs are few and far between now a days and I HAVE to have a job. They know I need this job being as I am a single mom....If I report them does my name come up? How could it not? Suggestions? It is bad...very bad....This employee no longer works for the company...he quit many months after i confronted him about all the issues I stated earlier..not to mention he admitted on that paper to spitting in employee drinks..stealing food from others and more..the biggest is going through my purse along with others...going through my employee file..(he actually told me he did this ) AND signed off on this written repromand (sp) so to speak - which they had me do and I am NOT A SUPERVISOR - just a receptionist - they did this to avoid confrontation because he was a GOOD TECH - (horrible employee) - and were afraid in losing his skills... The Dr. actually said if he quit over this...than he would retire..which he never did obviously because he did quit and the Dr. is still there. Oh - there is more - ripping off clients (the company is all over - and getting upset with me when i refuse to charge somene for a service not provided..or having a pet CODE during surgery....never letting the client being made aware. I need a job, but need out of this place so bad...what to do??? Can i report them confidentially? But it will be so obvious it is me.
Filing a report carries risk and while retaliation is illegal, it may happen.