How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawdoctor Your Own Question
Lawdoctor, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1400
Experience:  22+ years legal practice including corporate, business, criminal, entertainment and litigation
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lawdoctor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just dislocated my shoulder while going outside to the apartment

This answer was rated:

I just dislocated my shoulder while going outside to the apartment complex dumpster. As I was walking down the steps, I slipped on the step at the mid point and I bit the dust. My should popped right out. The entire bottom half of the flight of stairs is completely in cased in an inch of solid ICE! I couldnt even tell there was any ice there. As per usual, Im an american citizen with no health insurance so if there are any complications with this injury Im shit out of luck it seems. Do I have any options to get help paying for doctor bills/etc.?

Dear JAGuest:

Thank you for allowing me to assist you with your question.

Your question is very important to me, but please remember that I can only respond to the information you provide and I do not know your entire situation. My response is limited to what you have written to me and the answer may change with additional facts.

Also, due to site reasons, there are times I am initially only able to see a portion of post, so I apologize in advance if it means that you have to duplicate information.

There may be future facts that are as yet undetermined in your matter, that can and must leave some areas of information provided by me broad in nature. However, don't hesitate to ask for clarification if needed! At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break. Now, let’s address your question!

Please, tomorrow make a call to the Mississippi Justice Assocation for a referral to a Personal Injury Attorney in your area to represent you.

From the facts that you have recited, you fell on a common area and the apartment complex may have liablity for failing to maintain the area or failing to warn of the dangerous conditions.

Here is the link for the Justice Assocation:

Also, get photographs of the area where you fell and of your shoulder as soon as possible and continue to get photos daily of your shoulder and the bruising.

I wish you the best!

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Good luck and Godspeed.

Have I satisfactorily addressed your concerns? If not, then please feel free to ask for clarification.
If I don’t’ answer immediately, I may be off line. If so, I will answer as soon as I come back. If I am online, I may be assisting someone else and will respond as soon as I can. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

If the information that I provided was helpful, then please remember to click the green accept button so that I will receive credit and compensation for my time. Positive feedback is always appreciated as well. Bonuses are gladly accepted. Thank you and good luck!

Please remember that we have not created an attorney-client relationship, and that my post is not intended to be specific legal advice. The answers given are limited to the information you have provided in your post. For specific legal advice, please consult with an attorney licensed in your state.

DISCLAIMER: Please understand that the complexities of most legal problems cannot be adequately addressed in this setting, and that I am only licensed to practice law in the states of Florida and Mississippi. Accordingly, you acknowledge (1) that we have not formed an attorney-client relationship, and (2) that my post is general information only and not specific legal advice.

Lawdoctor and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you