Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law

I put in my 30 day notice to move out. 9 days before this,

I put in my 30 day notice to move out. 9 days before this, my landlord asked me if i was out early they would remeburse me for partial of that months rent. The last day I was there cleaning and the new tenant due to move in at the 1st of the month let himself in with a key. I hadnt surrendered my keys or garage device at this point yet and he brought in some belongings.
Would this be considered bad faith on the landlords part?
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question.If he did follow up here and give you some rent here then to me he was trying to work with you.Certainly you have right to be there until your last day.He was probably jumping the gun here.I would hope that he gave you some rent back if you left early.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The landlord did not give me any rent back and then kept part of my security deposit to repaint and touch up the house which was not done before we moved in. The previous tenant before me was asked to leave because she could not afford the rent. So they kept her deposit and in turn the house was dirty and they did not do any work to the home before we moved in including cleaning
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
Then you can file suit in small clams here for you deposit back.You have facts to support such a lawsuit.You can do this pro se--on your own.You can get forms at small claims pay your fee and then go tell it to the judge here.I think you have a good case here especially becasue they lied to you about the partial refund.