Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

my names dennice graham I work at a Walmart for 5years Im a

my names dennice graham I work at a Walmart for 5years Im a single parent with childern at home. walmart cut me from 40 hours to 16 hour because of the hours I can work I been full time for two years but been there for 5. WHAT CAN I do?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately, unless the cutting of hours is based on some type of discrimination, the store is able to do so. You are considered an "at-will" employee, which means that you can be terminated, suspended, or your hours cut at any time, without cause. What you can do is try to negotiate a different schedule that be a compromise for you both, but otherwise the store is able to remove your hours.

I am sorry.

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 2/1/2010 at 2:03 AM EST