Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

My lawyer from my divorce did not really follow up to see if

My lawyer from my divorce did not really follow up to see if the lien on my ex, he bought me out of a few acres of land, 5 year loan. He had 2 parcels of land then sold one parcel. I asked how cold he sell it and me not get anything with the lien. At first they didn't understand, then she blames it on his lawyer, now she blames the title company and the lawyer from land deal. And if I can't get my money, we can sue them. Isn't my lawyer to blame also?
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question.If lawyer did not record judgment here or otherwise follow up here then yes you have malpractice claim.Also you should file contempt here on the ex for not complying with the courts orders.You have two remedies here to get your money.You will need another lawyer here to pursue either or both.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I had gone back to this lawyer, because of the, what I thought was unfinished business.
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
I think they are seriously trying to admit their screw up here.Here is new lawyer referral and if you click lawyer regulation here you can file complaint which you should do as well.It is very possible here that they did not record the judgment here--that would be my guess. If this is recorded the title company would have found it in their run fo deed records and judgments.

Edited by RayAnswers on 2/1/2010 at 2:11 AM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

"Here is new lawyer referral and if you click lawyer regulation here you can file complaint which you should do as well."

Where do I find this info?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
You're welcome and good luck resolving.Ray