INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

Due to unforseen consequencies we became way behind on our

Due to unforseen consequencies we became way behind on our credit cards. We hv paid off 3 and owe 1 more. We tried to settle or work something out but they either wanted paid in full or hugh payments we could'nt afford. They hv now served us with a summons to appear in court for payment in full along with penalties and interest. This debt is a little over 3 years old. The debt agency we're working with tried to settle with them and they refused about 2 months ago so we used the accumulated money to settle the 3 credit card.
Any advice would be very useful.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 6 years ago.
What do you want to know?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

What do I need to do now. I can't afford what they're asking, but I can give them something each month. Just not the $3-400 they want. They wouldn't even consider anything less. How will this law firm go about trying to collect this debt?

You need to try to work out such a payment plan. You cannot force them but they cannot collect what you dont have. If there is a lawsuit it is often easier to settle in court before the judge.