Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

i have a problem with my landlord and i am trying to get an

Customer Question

i have a problem with my landlord and i am trying to get an order of protection from court without hiring a lawyer can i do that and what i am supposed to do to get it. the landlord has not done major stuff but he lives underneath me and he knocks on the door every day for whatever reason. he verbally abusive I have a family and when i am not around he butts in the house everytime i am trying to not let him do that. he only can get his check and that is it.

tenant in the Bronx
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question.Sorry but you will need a lawyer her to seek restraining order or order of protection.He is harassing you here and a lawyer could seek legal protection.But this requires a private lawyer because the district attorney only deals with domestic violence issues.