Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses

I was served a notice to appear in court at 1 00 on Feb 2nd

Customer Question

I was served a notice to appear in court at 1:00 on Feb 2nd for possession of a property (i rent) for non payment of rent. If i don't appear, judgement shall be rendered against me. However, It states if I deny the claim and appear by filing the attached"appearance and answer" within 20 'dAys? How can that be? Should i file the appearance and aswer form before the court date? Part of the unpaid rent stated in the claim is for 278 dollars in Dec (rent was paid in full 795 in dEc) What are my options or best course of actrion?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 6 years ago.
File an answer as soon as possible as then appear in court on the hearing date. If possible, work out a settlement payment plan with the landlord in advance or else in court.