Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I would like to know what I can do about getting my money back

Customer Question

I would like to know what I can do about getting my money back from a mechanic that charged me 3700.00 for repairs that he did not make. I had to take my car back to his shop four times and on the last time he refused to fix the car because he said that there was something else wrong with the car in which this was untrue because I later took the car to another mechanic and had the same problems I had before and this new mechanic fixed my car on the first try and for 3200.00 cheaper. What Can I do?
Expert:  socrateaser replied 6 years ago.
You appear to have asked this same question on 8/21/2009. Has something changed since then?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

When I asked this question in August, I was working with Consumer Affairs, allowing a rep to try and mediate my situation. This was a lost cause because all that was done is I would make my statement and so would he. We would go back and forward and nothing changed. At that time I was trying to get my money back to get my car fix but instead I had to get someone else to fix my car and it has been running since before Thanksgiving. When the other mechanic worked on my car I drove it for two weeks and had to take it back because I was having the same problem, not only did I have to take it back two weeks later but I also had to take it back three other time and on the last visit the mechanic refused to fix the car because he said that there evidently was another problem and not the problem that he fixed. The car was in the same condition it was in before he started working on it.