Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience corporate, litigation, international

I live in Louisville, Kentucky. I have shared custody of my

I live in Louisville, Kentucky. I have shared custody of my two children. I am wanting to know, do I need to get approval from the father to move to Jeffersonville, Indiana (which is 10 minutes away)?

Check the custody order to see if you have to get approval of the court. If you do not, the short distance you are moving should not raise any issue. Just notify your ex of your new address and contact information when you are ready to move.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.