How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard - Bizlaw Your Own Question
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10030
Experience:  30 years experience corporate, litigation, international
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Richard - Bizlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Louisville, Kentucky. I have shared custody of my

This answer was rated:

I live in Louisville, Kentucky. I have shared custody of my two children. I am wanting to know, do I need to get approval from the father to move to Jeffersonville, Indiana (which is 10 minutes away)?

Check the custody order to see if you have to get approval of the court. If you do not, the short distance you are moving should not raise any issue. Just notify your ex of your new address and contact information when you are ready to move.


If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.

Richard - Bizlaw and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you