Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience corporate, litigation, international

We have been given a notice by a lawer with our mortgage company

We have been given a notice by a lawer with our mortgage company on a posting in our local paper and also a auction date. Is there anything that we can do to stop this process? It is in 24 days? I would like to know the best steps to take, we lost jobs but are now able to make payments. Do bank still work or stop this process in this phase or is it usually just a lost cause? We live in NH.
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 6 years ago.

Contact the attorney and tell them about your changed circumstances and that you can resume paying. They can stop the foreclosure if they chose to. You can also discuss a mortgage modification now that you have the resources to pay regularly.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.