How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawHelpNow Your Own Question
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7639
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawHelpNow is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I desperately need to speak with a US Lawyer.

Resolved Question:

I desperately need to speak with a US Lawyer.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thanks for choosing Just Answer®. I am a licensed attorney, and I will be glad to try and assist you. To provide you with accurate information, could you please clarify this point:


  1. What is your question for a legal expert to answer?


Once I hear back from you, I will be glad to let you know my answer. There may be some delay as I am assisting other customers or am away from my computer. Please rest assured, however, that I will get back to you as soon as possible.



Customer: replied 6 years ago.
An emergency conservatorship has been filed for my uncle (who is in Arizona) by a lawyer who held POA over my uncle against his wishes, Living Trust was finalized on same day by Grand Canyon Planning in Scottdale, Arizona. Just received notice of the petition on Sat. Hearing set for Wed. I am leaving for Arizona tomorrow. I am listed as General Durable POA in the Trust. Being the weekend can't reach anyone and need advise on how we can stop this, or re-schedule the hearing date and/or referral to Flagstaff Arizona lawyer.
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.


  1. I am a licensed attorney with conservatorship and guardianship litigation experience. I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification on anything after reviewing the following information. Thank you for taking the time to write back and supply the additional requested information, which was helpful to my analysis of your inquiry. I hope that everything works out appropriately for all concerned in this matter.
  2. Time is obviously of the essence here, but I would mention a few somewhat hopeful points to keep in mind. Paramount is the great care the Courts take in such cases. Due to the extremely high fiduciary duties and potential for abuses, there will be some serious substantive and procedural hurdles to be overcome before a conservatorship can be imposed over your uncle. Even if one is granted temporarily on an emergency basis, it will be subject to modification or complete dissolution. So, I say all of that full realizing the importance of the matter but hoping to afford you at least a small measure of peace of mind.
  3. Now, turning to the crux of your question, you are doing the right thing by traveling to Arizona tomorrow. The lawyer you mentioned will be petitioning for conservatorship, you will be opposing it, but there will also be a very important third party in the form of an independent ad litem appointed by the Court to protect the interests of your uncle. The most important immediate step you can take tomorrow (Monday) is to meet with local legal counsel in Flagstaff. If you have any connections (i.e. friends, family) to get you in touch with such a lawyer directly, then by all means exhaust those avenues if applicable.
  4. If you have no such contacts, I would do the following. Call the Coconino County Bar Association first thing in the morning. I have listed the appropriate contacts (below) for your reference. Explain the urgency of the situation and request an immediate consultation with an appropriate attorney. There are many nationwide legal referral services, but I think you will save valuable time by going directly to the source for Flagstaff. We are not allowed to provide referrals to specific attorneys on this site, so that would be my best recommendation given the immediacy of this legal matter.


Adam K. Zickerman (NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>


Vice President
Sara R. Presler-Hoefle (NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>


Tevis S. Reich (NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>


Ted Reed (NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>


Sylvia Struss(NNN) NNN-NNNNx4803



I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.


If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.


The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.

LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7639
Experience: Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
LawHelpNow and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
< Previous | Next >
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL
  • Not only did he answer my Michigan divorce question but was also able to help me out with it, too. I have since won my legal case on this matter and thank you so much for it. Lee Michigan

Meet The Experts:

  • Tina



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
< Last | Next >
  • Tina's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
  • JPEsq's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experience as general attorney, in house counsel, SSDI, Family Law attorney, and law professor
  • Law Educator, Esq.'s Avatar

    Law Educator, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
  • FiveStarLaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years of experience helping people like you.
  • Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.'s Avatar

    Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.