LegalEase, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in Family law, Wills and Estate Planning

I currently have a sexual harrasment and wrongful termination

I currently have a sexual harrasment and wrongful termination against a former employer. I went for my first deposition, the next one is scheduled for March.
The defense atty has asked for my medical records from my primary care doctor. I have been going to this dr for 16 years and I find it intrusive.
My Question is why are they asking for them and also do i have to sign this form?
My Lawyer is not available for a week and this is really bothering me.
Expert:  LegalEase replied 6 years ago.
That is privileged information (doctor/patient) and you don't have to hand it over. They're asking for it to see if they can find anything on you to discredit you. Often attorneys use discovery and depositions as fishing expeditions just to see what they can find, if anything. Hopefully your attorney will tell you to assert the privilege.