MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
17924466

I was denied a contractors license based on 480(a)(1). Can

I was denied a contractors license based on 480(a)(1). Can I appeal the decission?
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the post, was the stated reason for your denial your criminal background, or was a different or no explanation given?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The letter that I recieved today from the Contractors State License Board says I was denied for the following reason(s):

480(a)(1) Business & Professions Code- Convictionof a crime(s) substantially related to the qualificatios, duties, or functions of a contractor license.

Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX can appeal, but must wait one year from the date of the denial to do so. Reference: http://www.cslb.ca.gov/GeneralInformation/Library/Laws/SubstantialRelationshipApproved.asp