Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Is there a limit to the number of times you can legally get

Is there a limit to the number of times you can legally get married in the state of Arkansas and if so how many times?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

You mean polygamy, or remarrying after divorce?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am not sure what polygamy means, but I have been married 8 times and I have been told that in Arkansas I could only get married 7 times legally. All different men.
There are no such limits on marriage - that would be unconstitutional. As long as the previous marriage has ended in divorce proper, then you may get married. XXXXX XXXXX married like 20x times :)No such law.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up info.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button for my answer. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work. Understand that when you put in your payment info, you still have not paid until you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at If you do this, make sure to being the question with “This Question is for Eli…”