Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I was subpoenaed as a witness in a DWI case as to the conversation

I was subpoenaed as a witness in a DWI case as to the conversation I had with the Police Officer in the case by the defendant. I was issued the Subpoena on 12/31/2009. The case is 01/04/2009. It is a hardship for me to travel 50 miles each way to where the trial is.
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

What you have to do is to hire an attorney to bring a Motion to Quash Subpoena on your behalf. Hardships are usually not a good excuse, so he'll have to get creative. If he fails, then you can call the court and ask that someone come get you - an officer. They might agree. Ironically, if they refuse and you don't come, they may still come get you and escort you to the court. :)

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up info.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button for my answer. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work. Understand that when you put in your payment info, you still have not paid until you press ACCEPT.

Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if and I would be happy to answer any and all of the follow up questions.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to being the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do I have the right to get reimbursed for my time and travel expense?
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
No. :\