Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Five years ago, I met an old girlfriend with a child. We started

Customer Question

Five years ago, I met an old girlfriend with a child. We started to see each other and got married. I started to talk to her about adopting her son and she told me that we can save the money and avoid the courts if I would only fill out the paper work and place my name on her son birth certificate. I did. Now I am living in the Virgin Islands and she is in Atlanta and does not want to live here. She is now filling for Child support. Do I have to pay the child support?
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Are you the father of the child biologically, or not? If not, have you ACTED like you were, or never really did?