Anne
Anne, Lawyer
Experience:  Trial Lawyer, 15 Years Experience
7775950

broke my foot the frist doctor i had was hospitals ortho pedic,

broke my foot the frist doctor i had was hospitals ortho pedic, when i got out of there i had an appoint, a month later. I went to his office he took an xray,when he came back i said why is my foot still killing.i was still wearing walking boot. he look at the xray and said see the bone it healing he told me the swelling would go down he gave a hard sandle to walk with which made it worse. i had to ask for another appt, he said ok tell up front 6 weeks. finaly i cancelled that because my foot was still killing me.I had my doctor get an onther doctor he took 3 xray's it seem the foot had more damage than the other doc , did not see in his xray,i asked the new doc should he have seen it he said yea, well i had to get an operation i have a screw in my fooy right now,this sated june 16, and my foot is never gone to be the same,one foot is going to be wider than the other,so if he missed this and i walked on it for 2 months did cause more damage, walkinig on it the doctor told me well 5 docs may say yar and 5 may say no. so i am stuck with a foot bigger than the other for life with cinsant pain
Expert:  Anne replied 7 years ago.

DearCustomer

When did you break your foot?

When did you find out you would have the problem with the wide foot?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

june 16 i went to the hospital got a couple days later thay gave me an appoint in a month to frist doc, sept 5 i was told i need surgery may be a month after the operation at an appointment i think, this monday i go to see if the screw i going to come out soon,

i will need to buy two differant sizes of shoes what a joke

Expert:  Anne replied 7 years ago.

DearCustomer

Thank you for the additional information. The statute of limitations for medical malpractice is three years in Massachusetts.

You need to talk to a medical malpractice attorney in your area. A good resource is http://www.findlaw.com/. Look for Plaintiff's medical malpractice attorneys.

Medical malpractice attorneys work with medical experts who will review your accident; the treatment that you received; your current injuries; and determine whether they believe that the care that you received is beneath the standard of care. ("Beneath the standard of care" is what medical negligence is.) Generally, expert testimony must be presented to support a claim for medical malpractice in Massachusetts. See Forlano v. Hughes, 393 Mass. 502, 471 N.E.2d 1315 (1984).

Most treating doctors do not work with attorneys and will not offer their opinion on this, which is why the second doctor you saw was not willing to do this.

Here is a website with additional information about medical malpractice in Massachusetts: http://www.mcandl.com/massachusetts.html

Do not delay getting an attorney; the attorney will want to preserve the evidence about what has happened to you.