socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

We have a living trust, there are 5 separate parties that are

We have a living trust, there are 5 separate parties that are named in said trust, if 4 of the members of trust don,t feel the fifth member,who is also the durable power of attorney, is acting in a manner to benefit himself rather then the equal members of the trust, can this be changed?
Expert:  socrateaser replied 6 years ago.

If the original grantor (creator) of the trust is still alive, then the beneficiaries have absolutely no rights to make changes to the trust.

If te original grantor is deceased, then it's not a living trust any more, and if the 5th member is a trustee, and the other beneficiaries believe that the trustee is acting against the trust's interests, then the other beneficiaries could ask a court to remove the trustee, based on the trustee's bad conduct. However, this would be expensive to litigate, and the trustee will be able to use trust funds to defend him/herself, while the benefiicaries would have to use their own funds to pay litigation costs.

Hope this helps.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.