Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations

If I email my biological father and mention that I remember

If I email my biological father and mention that I remember him doing things to me and he sends it on to others as well as then threatens me to where I contact the police regarding his threats not the past issues it that defermation of character considering I spent years in counseling over the matter and having said memories since I was a child?
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 6 years ago.

DearCustomer- It's not defamation of character if it is true. Contacting the police if you are threatened is something you should do and there is nothing related to defamation of character. Whether you were molested may or not be related to all of this but the threats are a separate issue and you have a right to report it.

Dave Kennett

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Although I know it's true he's swearing it never happened and so it's the his word against mine since the statue of limitations has been up for quite some time. so how would that go if he was to try to take me to court for the character issue?

Well I thought the issue was calling the police for the threats and not whether the molestation was true or false. In any event, it would be your word against his as to the molestation so it would depend on who a jury would believe if he actually sued you for slander or defamation. I can't predict an outcome of any court case and I really don't see the point of continuing to make the accusations if there is no way to find a resolution to the problem.