MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
17924466

My question is, I not too long ago I went online and made a

My question is, I not too long ago I went online and made a account on credit report website not long after that I had received a massage that my subscription was canceled. I though did not do anything of the sorts. Quickly I called the company to find out what happened. They told me after asking for my personal information. That another person had called them insisting that he did not make that account and that he had used my SSN number gave them the password XXXXX the account that he had gotten due to a mistake of the e-mail that went out was a Hotmail address but meant to be a yahoo address. I feel like since he had used all that information that he had committed some type of fraud and I was wondering did he?
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the post, yes this was fraud. Apparently the person stole your identity by virtue of your social security number and password, and used this personal information to cancel the service.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Could I do anyting about it?

Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.
Yes, if you have the other person's identity you can file suit against him. If you do not, you could only report the matter to the district attorney. In any event, it is likely that this person discontinued the service because he planned on committing identity fraud by opening up accounts in your name, and you should institute some kind of credit protector.