Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law

my vehicle was stolen and recovered totalled. my insurance

my vehicle was stolen and recovered totalled. my insurance company denied my claim and blames me. I cooperated throughout their entire investigation (i.e. speaking with their attorney under oath and three private investigators three different times.) The incident occured Sept. 2009 and I received a denial letter July 2009. suggestions

Hello. First and foremost you are now at the point where you should have stopped talking to the insurance company a long time ago and consulted a lawyer regarding this situation -- one investigator chat and one statement under oath is more than enough. You have no idea if they are going to try to turn the whole file over to the police and try to prosecute this thing against you. You need a lawyer who handles insurance claims and criminal defense issues (just in case, mind you). It may cost you a portion of the value of the car in the end to pay the lawyer -- but paying the lawyer's fees will be a lot less expensive than ending up with nothing and being charged with insurance fraud.

If you believe that you have enough proof to show that they are incorrect and are simply being arbitrary and capricious about denying the claim, then you can complain to the office of the Ohio insurance commissioner. Here is the website where you can get information about complaints:

Other than complaining to the insurance commissioner, you should turn this over to an attorney. I know that is not the answer that you wanted to hear, but it is the best thing for you to do right now under the circumstances.

Please press the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so I will be paid for my time.