Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  20 years of experience practicing law.

My wifes exhusband told my wifes 8 year old son that I was

My wifes exhusband told my wife's 8 year old son that I was going to bring a gun to his house and shoot him and then take the boy by force. Long story short my wife and her ex are in a custody dispute and he thought he could get a leg up by making up this story. He wrote a decleration to the police station detailing the event and the police gave me a temporary restraining order. We went to court and I won because he changed his story about 6 times. At the end of the trial the judge stated "I can find nothing that comes out of your mouth to be the truth." The restraining order was dropped and he was ordered to pay my lawyer fees.
I feel like he got off scott free from this as nothing happened to him for causing the child an extreme amount of stress as well as lieing to the police department and the court. Is there anyting I can do legaly to go after him? My wife and I are very worried that he will be violent with her son again and she cannot get her judge to do anything.
Expert:  Sam replied 4 years ago.

hi

she can file for a restraining order to keep him away from her and her son - you also can file for a restraining order to keep him away from you and your family.

you also can speak to the district attorney and see if they are interested in filing criminal perjury charges against him for lying on the affidavit for the restraining order and also to the court.

Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience: 20 years of experience practicing law.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How would I speak to the district attorney? I no longer have an attorney. The county is Napa County California.
Expert:  Sam replied 4 years ago.

hi

Napa County District Attorney
931 Parkway Mall, Napa, CA 94559 (NNN) NNN-NNNN

Sam, Attorney at Law