JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.

I have been having trouble with a Township Councilman. The

I have been having trouble with a Township Councilman.

The Councilman and the Administrator are buds.

After I started to question the Administrators Ethics, the Administrator passed e-mails that were sent to: XXXXX XXXXX with a cc: or Bcc;.

The e-mail information was unnecessarily given to the Councilman.

The Councilman then placed 10 complaints against me. A few with the above somewhat confidential e-mail information, and being used as evidence against me.

The "good ole boy program" at is's finest!

ASI believe, somethings wrong here, what action can I take concerning this behavior?
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

Can you please describe these "confidential" e-mails? Who was the sender and who were they sent to? Why do you believe that they were 'confidential'?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I sent an-email concerning my views of the Councilman, to the Mayor. I mentioned that I viewed the Councilman as being "Trailerpark Trash", and also as a Judas.

You can go to the public meetings and express your displeasure at the hearing of the public that your e-mail was forwarded.

However, you have to legal basis to sue for the e-mail to be forwarded. While you may have thought that the e-mail was "confidential" -- it was an e-mail that was sent to a public official and, thus, was a public record and accessible to anyone via the state's Freedom of Information Act laws.

While the Mayor may have exercised poor taste and a lack of professionalism, the Mayor did not break any laws.

Good luck and best wishes for better days ahead. I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Are you saying I do have no legal basis for a law suit?

That is correct.