my husband got a truck from my cousin who had a salvage and

my husband got a truck from my cousin who had a salvage and sale yard, my cousin has a lein on title,whom has closed his business over a year ago....I asked my cousin waht that final payment was, he told me 142.00..I sent this payment in and now he is telling me it is not paid off and is adding late charges, i have all receipts of payments..I have written and asked for copies of all payments made so i can match up with ours, he has not responded to my letter, the State of Tennessee has also sent him letter asking for title, he refuses to respond..what can we do
Expert:  NYLAWLADY replied 6 years ago.
See what the State of Tennessee recommends in this case- try to get a clean title from them by showing the receipts that payment was made. This is a very difficult situation, but the only thing you can do is try to work with the State to get a new title.Good Luck.

Is there anything else I can help you with? Thank you for allowing me to help you with your question. Please press the "accept" button so I may be credited and paid for my time. Positive feedback is always appreciated .This answer is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Nor is an attorney-client relationship established. Thank you very much.