Advocate4You, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced attorney specializing in mortgage fraud and other legal issues.

I am having issues with a NJ Township Administrator. The

I am having issues with a NJ Township Administrator.

The administrator, without asking for my permission, shared my e-mail address.

Is this legal?

Generally there is an expectation of privacy in regards XXXXX XXXXX certain pieces of information (e.g. telephone number, address, etc.). With email addresses, it gets a little tricky. Was there a policy in place stating that your email address would be kept confidential and could only be disclosed with your permission or did the administrator have reason to believe that you would would not consent to your email address being shared? Was your email address on a document or in a file that contained personal information that was not to be shared with the public? If any of the above are true the administrator may have violated your privacy rights.