Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

Are raffles legal in Tennessee I am a 67 year old grandmother

Are raffles legal in Tennessee? I am a 67 year old grandmother and I have lost my retirement and have been out of work for 2 1/2 years and now about to lose my home. I am trying to brain storm to come up with an idea to save my home. I have a lot that I would like to raffle
off on the internet to raise money to pay for my house. Could I sell a cake with a change to win the lot included and be legal?? Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

It is legal only for nonprofit organizations to hold a raffle in TN. If an individual raffles a house or a cake, it would be considered illegal gambling.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I need $205,000.00 to pay off my house, if I agreed to donate all over that amount say to the Boys and Girls Club would it still be considered illegal?
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.
yesit would be illegal