Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  29 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

how do the corruption of minors law work in pennsylvania More

Customer Question

how do the corruption of minors law work in pennsylvania? More speciifcally, can an adult be charged with faciliating tne corrption of minor by providing the money and the means to getting a tatto that was not approved by the parent/guardian?
Expert:  Ray replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question.No your beef here would be with tatoo artist.They are liable for any underage violations and you can report it here.

Here is corruption fo minor law for reference.

§ 6301. Corruption of minors.
(a) Offense defined.--
(1) Whoever, being of the age of 18 years and upwards,
by any act corrupts or tends to corrupt the morals of any
minor less than 18 years of age, or who aids, abets, entices
or encourages any such minor in the commission of any crime,
or who knowingly assists or encourages such minor in
violating his or her parole or any order of court, commits a
misdemeanor of the first degree.
(2) Any person who knowingly aids, abets, entices or
encourages a minor younger than 18 years of age to commit
truancy commits a summary offense. Any person who violates
this paragraph within one year of the date of a first
conviction under this section commits a misdemeanor of the
third degree. A conviction under this paragraph shall not,
however, constitute a prohibition under section 6105
(relating to persons not to possess, use, manufacture,
control, sell or transfer firearms).
(b) Adjudication of delinquency unnecessary.--A conviction
under the provisions of this section may be had whether or not
the jurisdiction of any juvenile court has attached or shall
thereafter attach to such minor or whether or not such minor has
been adjudicated a delinquent or shall thereafter be adjudicated
a delinquent.
(c) Presumptions.--In trials and hearings upon charges of
violating the provisions of this section, knowledge of the
minor's age and of the court's orders and decrees concerning
such minor shall be presumed in the absence of proof to the
contrary.
(d) Mistake as to age.--
(1) Whenever in this section the criminality of conduct
depends upon the corruption of a minor whose actual age is
under 16 years, it is no defense that the actor did not know
the age of the minor or reasonably believed the minor to be
older than 18 years.
(2) Whenever in this section the criminality of conduct
depends upon the corruption of a minor whose actual age is 16
years or more but less than 18 years, it is a defense for the
actor to prove by a preponderance of the evidence that he
reasonably believed the minor to be 18 years or older.
(July 1, 1978, P.L.573, No.104, eff. 60 days; July 11, 1996,
P.L.552, No.98, eff. 60 days)

Expert:  Ray replied 4 years ago.
Here is crime..

Pennsylvania Tattoo Laws

4729. Tattooing minors

Whoever tattoos any person under the age of eighteen (18) years without the consent of the living parents, or of the legal guardian thereof, if such minor is under the care of a guardian, is guilty of a misdemeanor, and shall, upon conviction thereof, be sentenced to pay a fine of not more than one hundred dollars ($100), or to undergo imprisonment of not more than three (3) months, or both.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how about the person who facilitated the tatoo? Is there any legal recourse against the BF who paid for the tatoo, and set it up? I already knew about the PA law. I found that on line. I want to know if i can hold the bf who is 18 and took her to get a tatoo without our concent?
Expert:  Ray replied 4 years ago.
You could sue him for civil damages here but it isn't a crime.I eman he might have given her the money but the tatoo guy is the one responsible for checking ages.This is serious violation and might get their license revoked as well as the penalties.I understand you are mad at the young man here but the law holds the tatoo guy responsible.You could try to sue bf here for cost of having tatoo erased or otehr damages.
Ray, Lawyer
Experience: 29 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX appreciate the help. I can still use it as a scare tactic. Pleasure doing business. My goal is to have the tatoo artist license revoked, and keep this from happening again. It is not right.

Expert:  Ray replied 4 years ago.
I agree.They know better and it is reportable here.