Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.

I sold a Louis vuitton bag online. The buyer paid thru Paypal.

Customer Question

I sold a Louis vuitton bag online. The buyer paid thru Paypal. After she received the bag she said she didn't want it because she thought it was fake.
I declined, since the item is 100% authentic, I bought it from a LV store and it has the receipt, which I didn't send with the bag.
The buyer sent the bag back to me and she said her lawyer will contact me for fraud.
I can prove the bag is 100% authentic.
What do I expect from such a thing?
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.

Good evening. I would stick to your guns. I would also report this to the online site through which you sold this. You are very likely to be the victim of a common scam here where they buy an authentic item, then switch it and claim that the fake one is the one you sent. I would send them a copy of the receipt and tell them if they want to pursue this legally, then "come on." My bet is that you will not hear from them again. If you do, contact your own attorney.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button NOW, so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.