Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

My brother wants to grant me a few shares of his small business

My brother wants to grant me a few shares of his small business (Wisconsin Corporation). By owning these shares would this ever put me in a position of being liable for anything that may stem either from his company or personal interests?
Hello and thank you for the question. Owning shares in a business does not make you personally liable for the losses or liability of the business, if you are not also an officer of the company. It cannot make you liable for your brother's personal interests, but if the company gets sued or goes out of business, you may end up losing your shares (or their value) in that situation.

Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.