JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.

Heres the deal. My ex fiance and I broke up few months ago.

Here's the deal. My ex fiance and I broke up few months ago. He took my motorcycle. The title is in my name. He claims that he will bring it back. But, he claims he can remove a few accessories because he paid for them. Witch him and I have paid together. Can he do that? Then he claims that once he returns it, he is going to take me to court. Because of the fact that he traded in his prior motorcycle for our motorcycle. We got 5 grand for his 1st motorcycle, that was deducted from the total payment on the new motorcycle. He wants to take me to court to retrieve the 5 grand from his prior motorcycle. We have been together for 5 yrs. My question is can he take me to court and win?

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

Was there a written agreement between you and the ex- about this $5K?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No there wasn't. At the time we thought we were going to be together for a long time. I had to get the loan in my name because his credit was shot.

If he doesn't have a written agreement with you about the $5K to show that it was a loan to you or that he has a property interest in the bike, then he shouldn't have a legal leg to stand on. If anything, it will be considered to be a gift.

He can file suit if he wants. It doesn't mean that he'll win. If you have to go to court you just keep saying this four letter word: GIFT. GIFT. GIFT. GIFT. GIFT. GIFT.

Good luck and best wishes! I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!