Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

We have been married 15 years. We have 3 children. We live

We have been married 15 years. We have 3 children. We live in Kansas and bought a home here about 3 years ago. I MUST leave. I have a job and may be able to support myself and the children with some help from my family. The house (and everything else) is in my husbands name ONLY. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I need to know if I will be persued for the house payments when my spouse defaults on the house.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 7 years ago.

The house (and everything else) is in my husbands name ONLY. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I need to know if I will be persued for the house payments when my spouse defaults on the house.

Response: No, you will not be response for mortgage payments since your name is presumably not on the mortgage and you do not live in a community property state where assets and debts acquired during the marriage are community property and shared responsbility of the husband and wife.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
That's why I stated that I live in Kansas......so I could PAY you to find out if I live in a state that IS "a community property state"

I do not know what your issue is.

You asked a question and I answered it. I do not know what you knew before you posed the question.

Your question as to whether you could be liable for the mortgage payment was properly answered. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY IF YOU DO NOT LIKE MY RESPONSE.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience: B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

WOW

Thanks for your time.

Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
Catheryn
I think you misread the expert's answer. The answer states that you do not live in a community property state. Your reply confused the other expert and it was just a simple miscommunication.

so I could PAY you to find out if I live in a state that IS "a community property state"

The expert answered in the negative and with the correct answer and deserves the accept should you decide to do so.