Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

I need to know what to do. I have taken narcotics from my work

I need to know what to do. I have taken narcotics from my work (nursing home) but there is no proof other than hear say, but that's all my boss needs to order a polygraph test I need to know If I should or shouldn't take it, and If there is any way around this that will get me in the least amount of trouble she's ordered it for 2 days from now should I quit now or wait until the day of the test, Or should I tell her the truth now so she doesn't have to waste the money for the test.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Good evening. First, don't take the test. Second, before you do anything else or say anything else contact a criminal lawyer to get some advice. Anything you tell your lawyer will be confidential. If you cannot afford one, contact legal aid or talk to a criminal law professor at your nearest law school.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what happens if i dont take the test is it really likely that shes not bluffing. Should I just confess and I do know that others have taken pills help!
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

These tests are not reliable and are not admissable. Getting terminated is worse than either taking the test or admitting this. You need to worry more about getting prosecuted than getting fired and before you do anything to compromise yourself from a criminal perspective, you need to get the advice of a criminal lawyer experienced in your locale.