How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We need a referral to a mediator. Our mother left our brother

This answer was rated:

We need a referral to a mediator. Our mother left our brother as trustee. She died the end of June. Unfortunately our brother is not up to the task. He takes way too many Rx pain pills and only has a GED education. The trust says he is permitted to turn it over to my sister & I. He turned over most of it the end of Oct., but when he was asked to put the release in writing...he asked for it all back. He also wouldn't turn over the checking acct. Last week we found out from another source that he had sold the house. There are also several stocks & some need to be done by all three of us at the same time. We are at our wits end. He will not call us. He tells the companies that he does not know our addresses. Please help.

DearCustomer- You would have to sue to have your brother removed as trustee. It is obvious he is unable to perform the fiduciary duties of trustee and must be removed. Based on your facts this would appear to be easy to accomplish but you will need an attorney since the preparation of the necessary documents can be quite complicated.


I am not permitted to represent clients from this website nor can I recommend specific attorneys. I have included below two websites for attorney referrals which may be of help. One is the Bar Association and the other a private company.


Dave Kennett

Dave Kennett and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions