Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

how and where can i file for some type of stay away or order

how and where can i file for some type of stay away or order of protection against my girlfriends ex husband. He constantly calls and send me text messages. He has not threatened me however, i consider this to be harassment.
he has also emailed my ex wife, showed up at my friends apartment and harassed his wife.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 years ago.

You need to file for Temporary Restraining Order in the Family Court or the Supreme Court in the city/county where you live. You need to obtain the forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office. The forms are self-explanatory. However, if you need help completing the forms, the Court personnel would assist you.

Click here to find your Courthouse:

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Family court or supreme court even though he's not related to me? am i eligiable for a temporary restraining order even though, he hasn't threatened me?

He is harassing you and you are the boyfriend to an ex-spouse.

It is up to the Court to grant it or not grant it. The fact that you file for a Temporary Restraining Order does not mean that the Court would automatically grant it. The Court would make a decision based on the information that you provide on the Restraining Order Forms and your testimony.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
sorry for the delay.