Steinlaw, Attorney
Experience:  8+ years as an insurance adjuster, 7+ years as a personal injury and consumer law attorney

I have a problem with bank of america. they changed the locks

I have a problem with bank of america. they changed the locks on my house even though I have still been paying my mortgage. I just came out of chapter 13 bankruptcy. I'am behind 1 month because my bankruptcy lawyer said that 1 house note would be included. I talked to boa about making extra payments to make up for the 1 month I have not missed any payments om my mortgage. Due to being locked out for the last month I had to pay 600 dollars for rent to someone to have a place to stay. Also had to get new clothing and missed over a week at my job due to not having clothing. I was wondering do I have any legal recourse
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question and I look forward to assisting you. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you have put all of the information in your question. Also, due to site reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if it means more interactions between us. Also, there may be future facts that are as yet undetermined in your matter, that can and must leave some areas of information provided by me broad in nature. However, don't hesitate to ask for clarification if needed! At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break. That being said...

You have a case for trespass and negligence. You should have an attorney file this for you as these are difficult cases. I just settled something similar with Wells Fargo. These are very interesting cases and I think you have a good chance.

Good luck.

Legal Disclaimer. By requesting this information, you expressly agree to the following: The information given is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. The nominal price you may or may not pay for information does not pay for any legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship. The only method of gaining an attorney/client relationship with me is via a retainer and signed fee agreement, which is not offered via this site. I am providing only resources, opinion and information for you to be informed and educated about your particular rights and needs. My answer is limited to the facts presented with the understanding that you will do your proper due diligence and appropriate follow up with an attorney licensed in your state. I do not provide general or specific legal advice on this site. I also am licensed to practice only in California, which may not be the state where this information is being provided or state whose law would apply, if any. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and its associated sites.