legaleagle, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Attorney-Business degree from The University of Texas

I am a nurse. Over a period of about a year there have been

I am a nurse. Over a period of about a year there have been several times which I have put a narcotic in my pocket after a pt has refused it an it came home with me. I put it on my dresser and apparently my son has taken it. he works with me as an aid and started telling people he got his drugs from me. I am a very trusting person and just thought the cat got on my dressor and knocked it off those few times. My boss heard that he was saying this stuff and is now going to give both of us lie detector tests. We will obviously fail them, is my liscence in jeopardy or will we get fired
Expert:  legaleagle replied 6 years ago.
Your license is at jeporday if it is proven you were stealing the drugs. But taking them accidently will not get a revocation but you may be fined by the licensing agency for mishandling narcotics. As far as your continued employment if your employer believes that you did not steal but that it was an accident then you may keep your job but that is up to your employer and who they believe.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
should I take the test or just quit befor
If you are truely innocent you should take the test and fight to clear your name and save your job.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is no proof of anything so is a lie detector upheld in court or will i just be fired Im just afraid I will fail because of the way the question is put to me yes I have taken a phenergan when I was nauseus twice yes Ive taken tylenol when I had a back ache
No a lie detector can not be used as evidence in court. So worse case you are fired and no criminal charges due to lack of evidece.