Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

hello, i live in tucson arizona and my boyfriend live in mesa

Customer Question

hello, i live in tucson arizona and my boyfriend live in mesa arizona, i lent him $2500.00 in cash last summer like a big fool to save his sinking business in mesa. i felt sorry for him, BOY DID HE EVER TAKE ME FOR A RIDE----he told me that he would pay it back to me, but never did, he has a bad habit of hitting older women for money and gets it, I have threatened to take him to court, to sue him and have the judge freeze his bank accounts, but that doesnt seem to faze him at all, he has a way of sweet talking me, and does a good job doing it, he thinks i am just kidding, but i am not, what can i do, Thanks Lynn Hein
Expert:  Sam replied 7 years ago.

hi

you can do what you said you would do. take him to small claims court.

first, write him a letter to be mailed certified with a return receipt requested. telll him he has 7 days from date of the letter to repay the money as agreed or you will have no other alternative but to file a lawsuit.

if he is threatening you now and he continues the threats then seek a restraining order. again, a separate letter certified mail, return receipt requested telling him to cease contact due to his threats is necessary. if he continues then you need to get the restraining order.

these are your only options. if you feel you cannot handle it on your own, then consult with a local attorney to do it for you - maybe you need that type of emotional support

Expert:  Sam replied 7 years ago.

hi

here it is again. we are precluded from contact outside of this venue

hi

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

hello sam, i dont have his home address in mesa, he tells me that he is a semi-retired private investigator, he is very closed mouthed sometimes about things, and lies to me about alot of things, he is a narrcissist-----and thinks he can get away with alot of things, and fool people, this is very sad on his part, he thinks he can escape anything like going to court and things.he thinks that the law cant catch him, and he is 75 years old. its sad and pathetic i think, he is sue proof he told me, and doesnt have to pay a dime to me if i sue him. what can i do? thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
here is another quesiton for you sam, i have threatened to take him to civil court here downtown tucson az. and he doesnt think that i have the guts to do it, oh yes i do-----he always sweet talks me out of it . he has that way about him when i tell him that i will sue him for 2500.00 from last year, this doesnt shake him up at all, would the judge FREEZE HIS BANK ACCOUNTS in mesa az? and leave him PENNILESS? thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Sam replied 7 years ago.

hi

there cannot be any lien or freezing of an account without getting the judgement. and that means you have to take him to court. if you take him to court and get the judgement, then it is possible for his accounts to be frozen until you are paid.

if you cannot do this on your own because he "sweet talks" you out of it. get a local attorney to do it for you - the attorney will have all communication wth him and thereby he cannot talk you out of anything