Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses

My boyfriend, who lives in a different state (Maryland) ran

My boyfriend, who lives in a different state (Maryland) ran up charges on a credit card that I had given him (my account with his name added to the account). He agreed in writing to pay the card back, making one payment a month until the card is paid in full. He has failed to repay the card per our agreement. What legal recourse do I have? I live in South Carolina.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 6 years ago.
You are fortunate to have this written agreement. It makes it an easier case and removes his defense that you are liable or that any charges were done with your consent or as gifts. Now for procedure, you want to sue where he is located. For this purpose you would have a local lawyer in his state sue him and secure a judgment. This should not cost you upfront since you can hire a lawyer on percentage basis. see for a local directory. A lawyer letter may also prompt his payment.