MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.

I need a Attorney as I have a hearing tomorrow for a summary

Customer Question

I need a Attorney as I have a hearing tomorrow for a summary judgement in Orlando, I need a attorney
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the post, do you have a legal question or are you seeking a referral to an attorney in your area to represent you tomorrow?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have a hearing for a summary judgement for a check that was written in Oct 30, 2008 in the amount of 2834.57 check was returned for unable to locate account. I did not go to mediation as I received a notice of mediation after the court date. I requested for mediation to be rescheduled but never received a court date, then received notice of summmary judgement hearing tomorrow at 9:00am
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the additional facts, how can I assist you? Do you have a legal question or are you seeking a referral to an attorney in your area to represent you tomorrow?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I need to know how to handle this hearing tomorrow, with a attorney or without one.

Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.

thank you for the clarification,

With an attorney, you would of course allow the attorney to present the legal and factual arguments in opposition to the motion.

Without an attorney, you would need to argue why granting the summary judgement would result in an injustice. The basis of the argument would be the invalidity of the alleged debt, or at a minimum the sum claimed by the plaintiff. If applicable, you would argue that the plaintiff has either not acted in good faith, breached the terms of the agreement giving rise to the claimed debt, or both.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I need a attorney.
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
ok, I would encourage you to contact the Florida Bar Association asap to get a referral for an attorney whom can take your case immediately. IF you are unable to retain an attorney before your hearing, request an extension in order that you can retain counsel.