JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.
14211116

if a coworker has issued a complaint about me, am i allowed

if a coworker has issued a complaint about me, am i allowed to view his/her report that they sent to corporate?
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

Do you have a written employment agreement or contract with your employer?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i signed a booklet explaining all the company policies and what not when i was first hired.
If you do not have a written employment agreement saying that you are entitled to a copy of the complaint if one is filed, then your employer has no legal duty to give you a copy.

Your employer can choose to share a copy with you if they want. However, the employer has no legal obligation to give you a copy.

I know that it may seem to be unfair and unjust....but it's not against the law.

Good luck and best wishes for better days ahead. I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you. the same employee is attempting to file a restraining order against me but based on some restraining order law i have looked up, i do not believe i have done enough to warrant a restraing order. any tips on fighting that?
Just stick with the truth, be patient, be respectful, and wear proper attire when you go to court. Put your best foot forward like you're going to a job interview.

Good luck!